Auxiliary Power Units for Over the Road Trucks
FEATURING BLACKROCK APU TRUCK GENERATORS
For More Info call 1 (720) 322-0500
6500 Watt Silent Truck Diesel Generator
OPTI6800T-APU comes with electric start, remote start, remote glow plug, specially designed mufflers (downward exhaust) and power transfer box with two 20A breakers inside. Mounting brackets, portable AC, space heater, wheels and control panel cover NOT included. 11HP Air-cooled, 6.5KW surge power, 5.5KW continuous power, Dimension(L*W*H) 37 in x 21 in x 25 in, one year or 1000 hours COMMERCIAL warranty, whichever comes first.
Great Quality & Excellent Service You can trust!
Why not water-cooled APU?
1. Too expensive, the lowest price in the market is $6,500.00.
2. Too complicated and belt-driven, hard to maintain. Bents are easy to wear off and break, it usually costs $300 ~ $400 to replace a broken belt though the belt itself may cost a couple of dollars. You have to drop the generator in a professional shop for repair.
3. A diesel engine is hard to start below the temperature of 25 degrees F without glow plug. The water used for cooling purpose exaggerates the situation. It is very hard to start in cold winter.
Why OPTI air-cooled APU?
1. Heavy duty and great quality. specially reinforced downward exhaust muffler system, it runs quiet (70dB at 7 meter) and amazingly cool, no overheating and fatigue broken muffler at all though it is air-cooled.
2. Economic and affordable, the investment including a space heater for warmth and a portable air-conditioner for cool is less than $3,000. That is less than the half price of water-cooled generator.
3. Simple design and easy maintenance. Core parts are easily accessible for easy maintenace, e.g., oil filter, fuel filter, air cleaner, oil drain plug, fuel pump, fuel injector, voltage stabilizer, start motor and capacitor.
4. Fully remote controllable. You would stay inside driver's cab to keep you warm or cool whenever in hot summer or cold winter, just press buttons in RF key to remote power glow plug on/off, remote start or shut off your generator. The remote control unit works at least 100 feet away. So, imagine you stay in a hotel, you can remote start your generator far away from your room to warm up or cool down your cab before you drive. What a nice convenience!
5. Higher power output. Compared with typical output of 3.0KW for most of water-cooled generator, 6.5KW surge power and 5.5KW continuous power give you more options. It can run 12 hours at half load for 4-gal fuel tank.
6. Power transfer box with two built-in 20A breakers for better protection. You can easily hook up power cables to power transfer box to run appliances and/or tools.
Basically, you have two ways to install it in your truck that depend on the space clearance between your driver's cab and trailer. If you have enough space clearance, you can sit it right behind the cab (Method 1). Otherwise, you have to install it in the side (Method 2).
The installation is very simple for both methods. For Method 1, you can use two chain aims, drill two holes in each chain aim, push generator axles through the holes and hold your generator on your truck frame with necessary bolts and clamps. Please refer to the following pictures for your installation.
For method 2, you can use two triangular trusses to support your generator hooked up against your truck frame with necessary bolts and clamps. This way, you must avoid blocking the air intake opening underneath the side muffler cover.
You need to hook up your own truck battery to the generator. The generator will charge your battery when it runs. You may use gravity to draw fuel from your truck fuel tank if the fuel pump of your generator is lower than your truck fuel tank. You can also use a DC12V faucet electrical fuel pump to draw fuel from your truck fuel tank. Our remote controller can be applied to remote operate faucet fuel pump.
Our air-cooled EZ-APU is your auxiliary power source. There is a simple solution to solving creature's comfort problem: buy a space heater and an portable air-conditioner. An oil-filled space heater such as AH-400 with 1200 BTU's of power and a Sharp CVP-10MX with 9200 BTU's of power are recommended.
Sharp CVP-10MX has 4 Easy Roll Casters that allow the air conditioner to be moved easily. There is no water tank to empty and the built-in condensate disposal system sends the water out of the exhaust hose. It is library quiet as low as 36 dB at low cool. It applies plasmacluster ion technology that activate the Plasmacluster Ion generator to release positive and negative ions into the air. Its flexible exhaust hose and window adapter kit allow easy venting to the outside. You can buy a ventilation fan with flips, install it in the window of driver's cab and then connect the flexible exhaust hose to the fan for great ventilation.
|Generator Type||Brushless, 2-pole, single phase|
|Max Output||6500 watt|
|Rated Output||5500 watt|
|Engine Type||4-Stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, OHV|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||3.9 Gal|
|Continuous Operation Hours||12|
|Ignition System||Direct Fuel Injection|
|Starting System||Electric Start/Remote Start/ Remote Glow Plug|
|Operation Noise Level(7m)||70dB|
|Lube||SAE15W40 or SAE5W40 SYNTHETIC DIESEL ENGINE OIL|
2 x NEMA 5-20R for 120V @ 20A, 1 x NEMA L5-30R for 120A@ 30A, 1 x NEMA L14-30R for 120/240V @ 30A and 1 x DC12V @ 8.3A
|Net weight (lb)||340|
|Product Dimensions (inches)||36.2 x 20.9 x 25|
|Carton Dimensions (inches)||37.2 x 21.5 x 29.0|
For More Info call (720) 322-0500